Monday, December 2, 2013

MTC Days









With MTC companion, Elder Jepsen
Will with Russian MTC Missionaries

Elder Packard and Elder Bass, they entered the mtc on the same day!


Sisters and Elders heading for Russia!
 
Hey Mom!
It's p-day, and we woke up at 4:30 so we could come get a washer and dryer for laundry, as well as a computer for email.
The Russian language is really, REALLY hard.  Harder than I would have ever suspected.  But it's coming along pretty well.  I feel like I've learned more Russian than I ever did in the two, (technically 3) years I took Spanish.  And I love it!  It's such a fun language. 

Sorry you haven't hear from me yet.  I sent a letter that I wrote my first day here yesterday, and I'll write one today.  But everything is going really good here!

My comp. is cool, we get along pretty well.  He's from P.G., and his name is Elder Quintin Jepson.
The first few days were SUPER long.  It was pretty ridiculous.  But Sunday came, and It's like the sun came out!  Sunday was really relaxing, and after that the days have been going by a lot quicker. 



The MTC is good, it can be a lot of fun sometimes, and hard other times.  Our schedules are PACKED!  From the time we wake up at 6:30, to the time we have to be in our rooms at 9:30, we are ALWAYS doing something.  There is 0 time to hang out and relax, except on p-day.  The food is plentiful, but often times is not the best.  I know I am gonna get WAY outta shape here haha.

President Mills.  Oh ya, and he pulled me outta class once!  It was nice talking to him.  Ashley's grandma also called me outta class once to come see her.  I've seen her once when I went in to just talk to her. 

Let me know how everything is going!  Love you guys! 

-Elder Bass (kinda weird right?)


Everything is pretty much the same here, Russian is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard it's rediculous!  Our teacher told us that they rate languages on a scale from 1-6 for difficulty (for native English) and Russians a 5.  The hardest language apparantly taught here is Finnish, which is a 6.  Spanish is a 1 (haha)
But I know that once I get to Russia, through talking to people, teaching English and especially teaching, I'll get the language down.  God will back me up :)

            Pre-Mission Photos



Excited to Serve!

 

Sweet Goodbyes with Sis




No comments:

Post a Comment